What I’m doing now
I’m home at Gift Horse Farm in southern Indiana which is just north of Louisville, Kentucky. It’s winter, but it hasn’t been too cold so far this year.
Here’s what I’m doing now:
- Adding a “Now” page to my website. This is my first draft!
- Making a career change into the IT industry.
- Attending Code Louisville in their “Front-End Web Development” track.
- Job hunting for a junior front-end web developer position.
- Blogging more often on my website at JohnHendrix.me/blog.
- Trying to put some lessons learned into practice from reading Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh, such as, “how by concentrating on the happiness of those around you, you can dramatically increase your own.”
- Working on finding new clients to build websites for. Email me if you are interested.
- Spending a lot more time in Louisville attending meetups and events.
I’m excited about my career change and the new challenges in my life. Life always seems more interesting when I have new challenges to work on.