What I’m doing now
I’m home at Gift Horse Farm (a link to my wife Suzanna’s blog about the farm and our animals) in southern Indiana which is just north of Louisville, Kentucky.
Here’s what I’m doing now:
- Making a career change into the web development industry.
- Starting the Code Louisville Swift/iOS track where I’ll learn how to make apps for the iPhone and iPad.
- Job hunting for a developer position where I can put all these new skills to work.
- Blogging more often on my website at JohnHendrix.me/blog.
- Trying to put some lessons learned into practice from reading Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh, such as, “how by concentrating on the happiness of those around you, you can dramatically increase your own.”
- Collaborating with a few other developers to build websites for small businesses and non-profit organizations. Email me if you need some work done on WordPress or other web development.
- Spending a lot more time in Louisville attending meetups and events.
- Looking forward to warm weather, riding my Victory motorcycle, and blogging about my rides on Riding the Road.
I’m excited about my career change and the new challenges in my life. Life always seems more interesting when I have new challenges to work on.